Monday, February 3, 2014

Eat This, Read That

My guys went skiing yesterday and my role in getting them out the door for these ski trips is to pack them lots and lots of food. Yesterday's big bag o' food contained: apples, Zing bars, banana blueberry muffins, egg salad, cookies & power balls. Powerballs you ask? Yes, powerballs -- you should make them the next time you're looking for a delicious, easily portable, pretty healthy, protein-packed snack for your family.

Powerballs - makes 10
(you can find so many versions of these online, this is my latest incarnation)
1 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. honey
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/3 c. raisins
1/3 c. cocoa nibs
1/2 c. shredded unsweetened coconut
Mix ingredients 1-5 together in a bowl until well combined. With wet hands, form into ten walnut-sized balls and roll in shredded coconut. Let them firm up in fridge for at least 2 hours before eating.

And, if you want to read you children a good book while you're waiting for those powerballs to be ready, I recommend The Apple-Pip Princess by Jane Ray -- great story, beautiful illustrations and a nice medium length. Yes, I have boys and I read them princess stories, and if you have boys I think you should, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment