Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Book List Love

I love a good book list-- who can resist the temptation of a list entitled "Best Beach Reads", "Top Picture Books of 2012" or "Librarians Choice for Best Chapter Books"? Certainly not me.

So, here are a few promising looking children's book lists I've found recently:

  • This one is from the New York Public Library and is divided into categories (another thing I love) like fairy tales, picture books etc. 
  • I found the above list while I was actually looking for this list - a collection of classic children's books reissued by the New York Review of Books. We've recently read Cheerful and Wee Gillis from that collection and they are both wonderful.
  • We've read quite a few of the books on this list, as I love reading my boys folk tales and books about children in other countries, but there are alot more that are definitely going on my library hold list.

I'm looking forward to lots of good reading time with my boys this summer and I'm sure these lists will help us find some new favorites.

Do you have any sources for book lists that you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment